Last week I was feeling nervous about Mattie’s upcoming surgery. I had opted to not get a second opinion, but of course at the last moment, I changed my mind. I was able to get in with another highly recommended ENT doctor. I took Mattie last Wednesday. Dr. H could not find anything wrong with Mattie’s ears. They looked fine!! In my mind I was saying “are you kidding me? What if I went through with this surgery for no reason?” Now more questions had to be answered. Dr. H decided to do another hearing test right on the spot. For the second time in 4 weeks, it was concluded that Mattie had hearing loss and her ear drums were not moving. Mattie’s eustachian tubes are not working property. Dr. H’s opinion: tubes in and adenoids out. I left there feeling better about this surgery. For peace of mind, it was the best $35 I’ve spent in a long time!
Mattie’s surgery is tomorrow at 9:45am. I know this is a common surgery for kids but I am still nervous. Lots of positive thoughts and prayers are needed. Please and thank you. 🙂